Friday, January 9, 2009

Chandni Chowk to China


I'm looking forward to this movie opening.  I'm a great Akshay Kumar fan.  I think he's my favorite Bollywood male performer right now.  It used to be Shah Rukh Kahn, although his movies have gotten a bit over the top and over stylized these days, well for Bollywood, which is over the top and stylized anyway.  It's like he's become a caricature of himself, but I think that happens with many popular actors.  They believe they hype and loose connection with reality and what made them popular to begin with.  While they still have charisma, they loose their edge.  But Kumar still has his edge and one of the world's best smiles.  He's a delight to watch.  This weekend we're going to see Slumdog Millionaire.  I love India and things Indian.  It's such an amazing culture and place.  I went for a month a couple of years ago and am dying to go back, but in the meantime I'm watching Bollywood movies and dreaming.

No comments: