Sunday, January 4, 2009

Insanity

What is the definition of insanity?  Just look around you.  Today my husband looked up from the paper and told me the head guy from Allied Irish Bank gave big bonuses to management before leaving the company - bonuses funded by bailout money.  Same shit is happening in the US.  One banker purchased his 28 mil. apartment with his bonus.  Again from bail-out money.  This is tax payer money.  Ours.  What you and I pay to the government.  Insanity.

Why didn't the US or Irish government require accountability and oversight when they gave the bailout money?  Why would you trust any institution that was key in bringing down the world economy?  What the fuck is going on?  Whose palm is getting greased?

Is this extreme?  Am I pissed?  Yes.  And I hope I'm not the only one.  Let's do something.

No comments: