Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Susie and Coco

We've begun fostering dogs.  I live near a pound and it just got to me one day.  I love dogs, but until recently one has been enough for this family.  But now there are three, including the fosters Susie, a terrier mix, and her baby Coco.  They both are adorable and cheeky and loving and fairly well behaved.  And I can't fathom why their previous owner left them in a cardboard box at the pound.  If Susie hadn't clawed her way from the box they would have suffocated.  In any case they have a family who wants them, and someday soon the rescue people will take them from us and bring them to their new home, where I hope they settle in well.  While I won't miss the chaos of chewed shoes and the innards of stuffed animals strewn about, I'll miss them.  Very much.

No comments: